LSKE provides substantial protection against light-struck flavor when used as a sole source for bitterness. LSKE contains reduced isomerized alpha acids beta acids and hop oils. Perceived bitterness 70% to that of iso-alpha acids.
- Technical Product Data Sheet
- Safety Data Sheet
- light-struck protection
- smooth bitterness compared to iso-alpha acids
Usage & Methods
- Early boil – add not earlier than 10 minutes after beginning of boil to allow initial wort protein coagulation to occur before addition
- Late boil – by adding 10 minutes prior to end of boil will preserve more of the aromatic oils that contribute to late kettle hop flavor and aroma
- Note that due to variabilities in product density, this product is best measured by weight and poured directly into the boiling wort
Notes & Suggestions
- In order to make beer light stable all forms of iso-alpha acids must come from a light stable product
- Brewing equipment must be free of any iso-alpha acids
- Pitching yeast must be free of any iso-alpha acids
- Filtration equipment, transfer lines and tanks must be free of any iso-alpha acids
- Sensory bitterness of Rho iso-alpha acids is 60% – 70% as bitter as iso-alpha acids.
- Rho iso-alpha acids will contribute a smooth non-lingering bitterness indistinguishable from humulinones!
Package & Storage
- Packaged in metal cans filled based on customer requirements for grams of Rho or Reduced Iso-alpha acids (RIAA)
- Open containers should be covered, kept as cold as possible and used within two weeks