Hopsteiner adds Helios™ to its Salvo™ product line
Helios Salvo™ is now available from Hopsteiner as a flavor enhancing kettle extract. Helios Salvo™ delivers impactful variety specific flavor and aroma as a fractionated form of CO2 hop extract. Alpha-acids have been removed to explicitly enhance aroma with little to no added bitterness and since Salvo™ contains no vegetative matter, there is more room left in the tank for more beer yields.
“I can generally knock-out an extra 1/4 to 1/2 barrel per batch, which, when you’re doing 10 turns a week, really does add up.” – Brendan Barber, Von Ebert Brewing Co.
- Boost aroma/flavor
- No bitterness
- No added vegetative matter
- Trials have shown to extends shelf-life in most applications
- Salvo™ is best used as a late kettle/whirlpool addition to partially replace leaf or pellet hops. Recommended to add late in the boil period or when filling whirlpool
- Liquify extract by warming the can and pour contents into kettle/whirlpool
- Best homogenization can be achieved by a strong mixing flow during early portion of cast out to whirlpool or by adding 5-10 minutes prior to the end of boil
- When calculating dosage, start with 10 grams oil / bbl.
“We use [Salvo] in the whirlpool and that really helps us get a lot of nice aroma and great mouthfeel in our finished beers without having to send a tremendous amount of hop material into the whirlpool. We’re a big fan.” – Jim Cibak, Revolution Brewing Co.
Salvo™ from Hopsteiner is craft beer’s best kept secret weapon, helping brewers attack the problem of process loss that’s so common with popular beer styles. Since 1845, Hopsteiner has led the industry as a preferred global hops supplier, partnering with breweries of all sizes to offer a unique range of hop varieties and innovative hop products designed to enhance flavor, aroma, consistency, and flexibility for brewing and beyond. Find out more